While Samsung Galaxy S3 users might be content with the functionality of their phone, there are many secret features of the phone which Samsung has not yet publicized. These features can be enabled by certain secret codes which a user on XDA Developers has discovered.
The user has uncovered built-in factory modes and service menus in the Samsung Galaxy S3 handset. These functions are initiated by secret codes and many of them are absent from the main features within the phone i.e. you can use them only through these codes.
The codes seem to be compatible with GT-I9300 and the SCH-I939 Samsung Galaxy S3 devices. You type begin and end these secret codes with #*#. Between these symbols you enter the code. Following is a list of some of the uncovered codes:
Enable secret codes on Samsung Galaxy S3
- 197328640 —— Start Service Mode
- 2684 Enter —— SM Main Menu
- 32489 —— Ciphering Information
- 7284 —— USB/UART I2C Mode Control
- 9090 —— Diagnostic Configuration
- 22558463 —— Reset Total Call Time
- 746 —— Debug Dump Menu
- 0228 —— Battery Status
- 22553767 —— Call Drop Log View
- 6335623 —— Wi-Fi Hidden Menu
- 0 LCD —— Test Menu
- 4636 —— User statistics and Phone Info
- 1575 —— GPS Control Menu
- 34971539 —— Camera Firmware Update
- 0782 —— Real Time Clock Test
- 872564 —— USB Logging Control
- 44336 —— Software Version Info
- 7780 —— Factory Reset
- 0588 —— Proximity Sensor Test Mode
- 7465625 —— View Phone Lock Status
Your phone’s subscriber ID can also be set to 999999999999999; this sets your SIM as a factory SIM and enables a bunch of test features.
For a more comprehensive coverage of the codes and guide to use them, check out the original posting of these codes at XDA Developers by clicking here.